Is nail polish bad for nails?

I have used nail polish recently and I am worried about whether it is harmful

Wow, some of the misinformation in the responses is astounding.Yes, there are some brands that still contain chemicals that are not great, but frankly, unless you are drinking the polish, these chemicals do not penetrate your nail and get into the body.If you are still worried about nail polish, then keep your nails hydrated with a good cuticle oil and buff them to a shine no more often than once a week (too much buffing will thin them). Nails can be pretty with nothing on them if they are kept up.Hope this helps!

No, ordinary nail polish doesn’t damage your nails. There have been a few occasions where polish has been made fraudulently or incorrectly, and that can damage your nails, so always buy polish from a recognised brand or a maker/seller that you trust.

If you aren’t too squeamish, do a Google image search for “Mentality nail polish damage” to see what damage incorrectly formulated polish can do. I believe that eventually all this damage grew out, so was not permanent. I’d also like to say that by far the overwhelming majority of indie polish makers are safe, careful and test their polishes, so please don’t let this put you off indie polishes.

Absolutely NO if you take proper care of your nails…… Just follow these tips :1. Use good quality nail colors.2. Always coat your nails with clear base coat before applying the color, it prevents the color from damaging your nail bed… Always finish off your manicure with a top coat of clear nail polish, which will help to longer preserve your creation.4. Nail polish removers have few unpleasant side-effects because of chemicals being used so, wash your hands and massage your nails with moisturizing cream after removing the polish.5. Don’t wear colors for more than a week it will dry out your nails.